Crock Pot Apple ButterFrom CaraSings 3 years ago
- Approximately 3 lb. apples ( make sure 1/2 are Granny Smith ) shopping list
- Gala , Fugi, Or Granny Smith shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup water or fresh apple cider shopping list
How to make it
- Fill Crock-pot 3/4 full with peeled, cored and sliced apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Cover and cook on low setting overnight or until the butter is of a thick, spreadable consistency.
- If apple butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until thickened. Stir often as butter thickens to prevent scorching.
- Mash Apple Butter until chunky or smooth with hand held masher or blender.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Freeze for longer storage or can in jars with water bath processing.
- Variation: For a less sweet apple butter, substitute 1 cup honey for the sugar.
The CookCaraSings Seattle Area, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!