Super Quick French BreadFrom Skruzel 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1- Add yeast and sugar to warm water. Let it sit for about five minutes until you see the yeast get all bubbly on top.
- 2- Stir in salt, oil and flour
- 3- Add more flour as needed until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is not too sticky.
- 4- Put dough into a larger oiled bowl and cover with a moist towel.
- * a tip from "Keep Home Simple" blog: Microwave a bowl of water for 2 minutes, then leaving the bowl of hot water in the microwave, set your bowl of bread dough in the warm microwave for the 15 minutes (not on!) This moist, warm environment makes the bread rise so fast
- 5- Let dough rise for about 15 minutes or until doubled in size
- 6- Preheat oven to 375'F. Place a large dish (empty) into the oven as well on the lowest rack.
- 6- Gently move dough to baking sheet and shape into one long loaf (pulling the dough on the top around the edges and tucking in)
- 7- Slice the top of the loaf a few times with a very sharp knife
- 8- Put loaf in the oven and add about 1/2- 1 c of water to the hot dish in the oven (the steam from this will create a nice brown and crunchy loaf). Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- 9- Enjoy!
- This recipe can be easily doubled for two loafs- which I recommend because it goes fast!
The CookSkruzel Fairhaven, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!