Spicy Vegetarian Peanut Butter PastaFrom huminbrd56 1 year ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced green pepper shopping list
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 2.5 cups water shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 bay leaves (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onion and green pepper in the oil, about 2-3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except the peanut butter. Bring to a boil, then stir in the peanut butter. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until fairly thick. Don't forget to stir so it doesn't stick. Makes 3 cups, enough for one pound of pasta.
- Serve over hot pasta and sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top.
The Cookhuminbrd56 Concord, North Carolina
- Not added to any groups yet!