Orzo Pasta With Spinach And ParmesanFrom susanlynne 1 year ago
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided 2 tablespoons for the orzo and then 2 for the spinach shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta shopping list
- 14.5 ounces of water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chicken base shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) bag of baby spinach shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat and add the orzo. Stir until lightly browned.
- Stir in water and chicken base and bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the orzo is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- While the orzo is simmering it is a good time to prepare the spinach. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the whole bag of spinach and a pinch of salt...
- ...saute until wilted
- Set aside until orzo is done.
- When orzo is done add the spinach and the Parmesan and mix well. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. The Parmesan will add some saltiness to the dish, so be sure to give it a taste to ensure you don't add too much salt!