Rosemary PotatoesFrom SlowtoCooking 10 months ago
- 30 baby potatoes (1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter; 1 3/4 lb total) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Special equipment: 12 (6- to 8-inch) woody rosemary stems or bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes shopping list
- - See more at: http://www.lulupowers.com/blog/2013/09/08/rosemary-potatoes/#sthash.i2stvjJU.dpuf shopping list
How to make it
- Cover potatoes by 1 inch in cold water in a 4-quart pot, then add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and transfer to a large shallow pan to cool quickly.
- If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds.
- If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining teaspoon kosher salt, then push 2 or 3 potatoes onto each rosemary stem.
- Grill potato skewers directly over coals, turning over occasionally with tongs, until grill marks appear, 3 to 4 minutes total.
- Transfer potatoes to a platter and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. - See more at: http://www.lulupowers.com/blog/2013/09/08/rosemary-potatoes/#sthash.i2stvjJU.dpuf
The CookSlowtoCooking Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!