Chai RollsFrom holtzyt 3 years ago
- 2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. wheat flour shopping list
- 4 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1 T. yeast shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/3 c. + 1 T. shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 c. milk shopping list
- 2 T. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/3 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 3 T. instant chai tea mix shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until it looks like cornmeal.
- Lightly beat the eggs and stir into the milk.
- Add liquid to the dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Knead the dough lightly, approximately 10 times.
- Pat the dough out to 1/4" thickness and brush with melted butter.
- Combine the brown sugar and chai tea mix and sprinkle over the dough.
- Roll the dough as for a jelly roll and cut into slices 1" thick.
- Place cut side down onto a cookie sheet and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy plain or frost with your favorite icing.
The Cookholtzyt St. Peter, Minnesota
- Not added to any groups yet!