CrustonsFrom sitbynellie 1 year ago
How to make it
- Take the leftover, slightly dry crusts: See Photo
- Snip the crusts into rough cubes.
- Pour a large glug of oil into a frying pan See Photo. Heat oil until it is shimmering hot.
- Tip in the bread cubes. They will immediately start to sizzle and absorb the oil See Photo. Stir-fry vigorously. Add a little more oil, let it heat quickly, stirring. Continue to do this until all cubes have oil on them. The pan should not have pools of oil, and the crusts should not leave oil trails See Photo. The trick is to stir continuously and be sparing with the oil. If you add too much at one time the temperature will drop too much.
- When the cubes are brown but not burnt, remove from the heat and pour into a bowl or plate.
- Season to taste with a little salt, pepper if you like, or indeed any other seasoning you like.
- Watch them disappear!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sitbynellie Glasgow, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔