Maple Pecan BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 2 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 3 tbsp maple sugar (or dark brown sugar) shopping list
- 1 cup sorghum flour shopping list
- ½ cup teff flour shopping list
- ½ cup quinoa flour shopping list
- ½ cup sweet rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup whole psyllium husks shopping list
- ⅓ cup ground chia seeds shopping list
- ¼ cup cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ cup cornmeal shopping list
- ¼ cup ground pecans shopping list
- ½ tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk alternative (like Coconut Dream, not the canned kind), warm shopping list
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- ½ cup chopped pecans shopping list
- ½ cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yeast, maple sugar, flours, psyllium, chia, cornstarch, cornmeal, ground pecans and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix well with a wooden spoon until a thick doughy mass forms.
- Beat in the pecans and cranberries.
- Cover bowl and let rest 45 minutes.
- Grease a 9x5” loaf pan.
- Press dough evenly into the pan, cover loosely and let rest 1 hour.
- Halfway through the resting time, preheat the oven to 400F, arrange the racks on the bottom two sections of the oven and place a pan of water on the bottom rack.
- Place the loaf directly above the pan of water (careful of the steam!) and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn out immediately onto a wire rack and cool completely.