Pie Crust Mug Topper...From twill10 4 months ago
- pie crust Mug Topper... shopping list
- thx to sweet dreams are made of this shopping list
- Recipe: shopping list
- Make the crusts by rolling out dough for two pie crusts, if you’re making your own you can roll it into rectangular shapes (If you use the pre-made dough I promise I won’t tell). Using a pizza cutter, slice... each set of dough into 1/2 or 3/4 inch strips. Arrange one set of pie strips about 1/4 inch apart on some parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. This will make it easy to slide onto your baking sheet later. shopping list
How to make it
- Create a lattice from the pie dough, weaving the strips together as shown above. Place a sheet of parchment on top and gently press the dough flat. This will keep the final lattice structure from falling apart. Cut out rounds using a cutter or bowl slightly larger than the mugs you plan on using to serve the cider. If you’re using a cutter, flip it upside down and use the dull edge. This will further secure the lattice. Remove the leftover dough from around your cut out circles.
- Brush the tops with a little egg white and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar. I used 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!