Spicy Thai-style Pineapple WrapsFrom sanika 2 years ago
- juice of 2 limes (about 14 cup) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chile paste, such as sambal oelek (see ShopSmart, right) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 cups roasted peanuts or cashews, roughly chopped shopping list
- 23 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro (leaves and stems) shopping list
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves (about 1 head) shopping list
- Half a medium fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into bite-size chunks (about 3 cups) (see page 274) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/spicy-thai-style-pineapple-wraps-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the lime juice, sugar, chile paste, and fish sauce in a bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add the peanuts and cilantro and stir until evenly dressed with the sauce.
- When ready to serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter. Put about 14 cup of pineapple in each leaf and season with salt to taste. Top the pineapple with the nut mixture. Serve, letting your guests wrap (or fold) each lettuce leaf to enclose the filling.
The Cooksanika Pune, India
- Not added to any groups yet!