Oven Roasted PotatoesFrom Redsfantracy 3 years ago
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- 4 slices hickory smoked, thick sliced bacon shopping list
- 3 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub potatoes and place in a large pot. Fill pot with water until potatoes are covered by 2-3 inches of water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, partially freeze bacon for easier cutter. (Ten minutes in the freezer works well.) Slice bacon strips in half, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. If you cut the bacon prior to cooking, it's easier to work with in the skillet and easy to drain with slotted spoon.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until golden, but still flexible. You don't want it crunchy. Remove cooked bacon onto a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Check potatoes and if fork tender, drain and allow to cool. I prefer leaving the skins on for an extra crunch.
- While potatoes are cooling, preheat the oven to 425° and mince the garlic and parsley. Also, grate the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Next, prepare the baking sheet by brushing 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half the bacon drippings on the bottom of the pan. I used a fairly large cookie sheet for this and it worked well.
- Once the potatoes are cool cut in half, or quarter if potatoes are large.
- Place cut side down on prepared pan and sprinkle with course salt and fresh ground pepper. Place in 425° oven for 35-40 minutes. Rotate potatoes halfway through the baking time to ensure an even color.
- Reduce temperature to 375°, turn potatoes over and sprinkle with the bacon, garlic, and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired. Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are evenly browned and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Makes 4-6 servings, depending on serving size. Serve immediately!