Apple/cheese Tartlet With Spiced Honey GlazeFrom taelsin 8 months ago
- Pastry shopping list
- 1 mid-large granny smith apple, cored and cut into slices between 1/4" and 1/8" shopping list
- 1/4 lb beemster cheese, cut to about the size of the apple slices and about 1/8" thick shopping list
- 2 cans crescent rolls, or sheet puff pastry as needed (2-3 sheets possibly) shopping list
- if you're so inclined to make your own puff pastry my hat to you, you have more space and time than I do. shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- pinch thyme shopping list
- pinch cayenne shopping list
- 1 small glove garlic pressed shopping list
- 3 pea sized kernels of candied ginger shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- make the glaze first, simply combine all ingredients over medium heat and reduce until its back to a honey consistency
- The Pastry
- if using the puff pastry lay them out, cut leaf shapes 1/3" or so larger than two slices of apple stacked one half covering the other, take a second leaf and cut out the center, and combine by brushing a base piece with some egg wash and stacking.
- if using the crescent rolls lay out all the dough peices, press together any breaks, using a small hand roller roll out to about 1/4 larger than you started
- layer 2 slices of apple and 2 slices of cheese in each pastry, alternating the two with apple on the bottom.
- with puff pastry this can go into the oven at this point.
- for the crescent rolls, roll the edges up to the apple/cheese stack, and pull the excess from the ends of the dough, roll into a rope, and attached to the rolled edges by pincing to raise the edges so that no cheese is below an edge.
- bake as per the recipe but 4 min from the end pull from the oven and brush glaze across the pastry and then the center with a bit extra to sink into the cracks.
- finish baking, and brush just a bit more of the glaze onto the filling while they are cooling.
The Cooktaelsin Monaca, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!