Pumpkin And White Bean SoupFrom way2nrml 2 years ago
- 6 C. roasted pumpkin (if you don't want to roast a pumpkin, canned should work just fine.) shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed (I used cannellini, but any smooth white bean should be nice) shopping list
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 C. chicken stock (use vegetable to make this completely vegetarian) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. paprika (smoked would be best but not necessary) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in the bottom of a medium soup pot. Add onion and saute until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add pumpkin, beans, stock and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10-20 minutes or until the soup is not dangerously hot.
- Blend with an immersion blender (or blend in batches in a blender) until sooth.
- Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds and/or French fried onions on top.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!