Apple Lovers Apple CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed shopping list
- ½ cup hot apple tea (or water) shopping list
- ⅔ cup spelt or whole wheat flour shopping list
- ⅓ cup cup-for-cup stevia shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- Pinch nutmeg shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tbsp camelina oil (I used Karlene’s Veg-licious Camelina oil) shopping list
- ⅓ cup plain Amoré almonds + Dairy beverage (or unsweetened almond milk) shopping list
- 5 large apples, peeled and chopped shopping list
- ⅓ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten well shopping list
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Whisk together the flaxseed and tea in a small dish. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, stevia, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the vanilla, oil, and milk, followed by the flax mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Add the apples and stir to thoroughly coat them with the batter.
- Bake until fairly firm and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping: In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg, and melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- Remove the cake from the oven and pour the topping mixture over it. Return the cake to the oven and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the sides and cool completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!