Sweet Potatoes with Candied BaconFrom gelfling545 10 months ago
- About 6 to 8 Cups sweet potatoes, boiled or baked; peeled & cut into chunks shopping list
- About 1 Cup cooked bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup butter (or use part bacon fat) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 T grated orange zest (optional) shopping list
- 1 t red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish.
- Line a flat pan with wax paper or parchment.
- Melt butter/fat in a heavy skillet, add chopped bacon & pecans.
- Add sugar & remaining ingredients if using.
- Stir frequently over medium heat until mixture just begins to thicken.
- Pour mixture onto prepared pan & let set until it hardens.
- Break up sugar/bacon mixture & pour over potatoes. If any liquid remains in the pan, ass that also. Mix & reheat in oven just until warm.
The Cookgelfling545 Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!