~ Lamia ~From 22566 3 years ago
How to make it
- Who says cooking from 'Scratch' is the only way to go...Phooey!
- You have not time to lose...Close the windows,and pull down the shades...Apollonius is on the way.
- Have your little red oven set at 375 degrees.
- In your grecian bowl,stir the cookie mix,with the egg,butter and water until nice and soft.
- On a generously dusted surface,roll the ginger contents to the thickness of about one fourth inch.
- Take your 'Lycius' and 'Lamia' Gingerbread Cookie Cutters and go to work.
- On ungreased cookie sheets,place these little loves about two inches apart.
- Bake for about seven to ten minutes or until the edges are firm..
- Cool,about a minute,and remove from cookie sheet to cool completely.
- Don't forget to have your cookies slide into this:
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Ginger
- Wine: Greek...of course!
- Anny's Animus
- Intense finish,leaving no one indifferent!
- Poem by John Keats 1819
- ...of it's 397 lines of lengthy literary lyrics,lies before it an illusion of passionate love and enchantment,but dashed it all in the words of Apollonius...after all...'Lamia' is not entitled to human love for she is not human,a serpent,but she is not an evil creature.Both girl and boy wanted to live in happiness,alone,in the all consuming love of that sweet sensational taste in that first bite of enchantment.
- So next time young man when you are walking alone,along a country road,and you notice a beautiful women,do not ask her if she just had metamorphosis from serpent.We all have or 'scales' and can weigh our shoulds or shouldn'ts.Why should you rely on anyone to tell you the difference...grab her,except her as she is,and flee...to live in peace and harmony.
- Do not invite Apollonius to your cookie exchange...for he will invariably destroy your castle you have built.
- Note: An attempt to part the sensuous and emotional life from reason cannot be done,for why would one desire to depart from that illusion...real or unreal...Passionate love should be taken seen or unseen before it is lost forever!
- Just take that cookie of yours and start at the feet,or tail and nibble on up...never bit the head off first.
- Do not all charms fly
- At the mere touch of cold philosophy?
- There was an awful rainbow once in heaven:
- We know her woof, her texture; she is given
- In the dull catalogue of common things.
- Philosophy will clip an Angel's wings,
- Conquer all mysteries by rule and line,
- Empty the haunted air, and gnomèd mine—
- Unweave a rainbow, as it erewhile made
- The tender-person'd Lamia melt into a shade.
- http://youtu.be/jWRrQ6GlI8o ( The Lamia...Genesis )
- Don't you just love 'Greek Mythology'
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!