Overnight Caramel French ToastFrom griglion 9 months ago
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 12 slices bread shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 6 Eggland's Best eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with six slices of bread. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread. Place remaining bread on top. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes.