Cranberry Wild Rice BreadFrom superfox12082 4 months ago
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Warm water shopping list
- 1 Cup Warm milk shopping list
- 1 1/8 teaspoons yeast shopping list
- 1/4 Cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 Cup oats shopping list
- 1/4 rye flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat or white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 Cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 Cup cooked wild rice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Vital gluten (Optional) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a microwave safe dish place dried cranberries and cover with water. Heat for two minutes, or until plumped up. Drain thoroughly.
- In a Kitchen-aid mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine water, milk, yeast and honey.
- Add oats, rye flour, whole wheat flour and half of bread flour. Mix together until a sticky dough forms, then add rice and cranberries and mix until combined. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add just enough of the remaining cup of bread flour to make a stiffer dough.
- Let mixer knead for about 5 minutes.
- Turn into a well greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size. About 2 hours.
- Punch dough down and knead a few times.
- Place dough in bread pan and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or when tapped sounds hollow.
- I have also made these into dinner rolls and a braid.
The Cooksuperfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- Not added to any groups yet!