Chicken MarsalaFrom michelle78 2 years ago
- 4 (1½ pounds total) chicken breast cutlets, cleaned, patted dry, and pounded to uniform thickness shopping list
- ½ cup flour, seasoned with Fairway sea salt and Fairway Tellicherry pepper shopping list
- Fairway extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- ½ pound shitake mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- ½ pound beech mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- ¼ pound baby bella mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup Fairway Fresh marinara sauce shopping list
- 1½ cup marsala wine shopping list
- ½ cup chicken stock shopping list
- ½ bunch scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Add the olive oil to a heavy pan so there is a 1-inch deep layer and bring it to medium heat.
- Coat the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour and shake to remove any excess.
- Add the floured chicken to the hot pan and cook until the chicken is lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- To the same pan, add the shallots, garlic, and all of the sliced mushrooms. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remainder of the seasoned flour and the marsala wine to the tomato and mushroom mixture.
- Let simmer for 1 minute, then add the chicken stock and stir to combine everything.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Plate the chicken from the pan and top it with the pan sauce. Garnish with scallions.
- More recipes on my blog below.
The Cookmichelle78 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!