Aunt Holly's Green Bean CasseroleFrom abermouse 3 years ago
- 5 cans french cut green beans shopping list
- 6 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes shopping list
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a sauce pan and then add onion and sautee until translucent
- Add salt, pepper, flour and sugar, and stir in the sour cream and heat through
- Add green beans, which have been drained, one can at a time, stirring in.
- Turn mixture into an ungreased casserole dish
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter to a skillet and stir in crushed corn flakes, and toast those in the butter slightly.
- Top the casserole dish with 1/2 of the cheese, then layer the corn flakes over the cheese. Top corn flakes with an additional layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
The Cookabermouse Louisville, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!