Dark Chocolate Cake Doughnuts - Small BatchFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/3 cup Yoghurt With Variations or Greek yoghurt shopping list
- ¼ cup fine-ground demerara sugar (or dark brown sugar) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp melted, salted butter shopping list
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour (I used Robin Hood's Nutri Flour Blend™) shopping list
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa) shopping list
- ¼ tsp baking soda shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 2 oz good-quality bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 tsp flavourless coconut oil shopping list
- chocolate chips, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325 F and coat a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, sugar, egg, honey, vanilla and butter until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, stirring until just smooth (but not beating).
- Bake for 13 minutes, until doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan on rack 3-5 minutes, then carefully turn out directly onto rack to cool.
- Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil in a wide bowl.
- Dip the tops of each doughnut in the chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let set.