Croatian Stuffed Green Peppers (“punjena Paprika”)From nitko 3 months ago
- 1500 g green peppers (8 to 10 pieces) shopping list
- 250 g grounded beef shopping list
- 250 g grounded pork shopping list
- 30 g lard shopping list
- 10 g onion shopping list
- 50 g rice shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- For sauce: shopping list
- 500 g tomato juice (strained tomato juice) shopping list
- 40 g lard shopping list
- 40 g flour (all purpose) shopping list
- 20 g sugar shopping list
- 100 g sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash green peppers and cut the stem part to open a hole and to remove seeds part.
- Sauté finely minced onion on lard. When transparent remove from heat and add grounded beef and pork. Cook rice until half done and add into meat. Also add 1 whole egg, salt and pepper. Mix well into a compact stuffing.
- Stuff each green pepper with stuffing until full (Surplus of stuffing use as meat balls to cook with peppers). In a pot melt lard and sauté flour until brownish. Add tomato strained juice, salt and sugar. Add water if needed. Roast each green pepper in a frying pan on some oil making sure they don’t over burn. Put each peppers into a sauce and cook 60 minutes. At the end you can add sour cream.