Leftover Turkey And Kamut SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 tbsp camelina oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 3 leeks shopping list
- 3 carrots shopping list
- 4 stalks celery shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 tbsp parsley shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine shopping list
- 5 cups turkey stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup Kamut berries shopping list
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey shopping list
- 2 tbsp tamari shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oils in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden – about 8 minutes.
- Add the leeks, carrots and celery and cook 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Stir in the garlic, pepper and herbs and cook 1 minute, just until fragrant.
- Pour in the wine, stock and water, stirring well, then add the Kamut berries.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour 15 minutes, until vegetables and Kamut are cooked.
- Stir in the turkey and tamari and cook 10 minutes longer.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Family Favourites134 members