Gluten Free Chicken Pot PieFrom mattandmaren 2 years ago
- 2 T (or so) oil or butter shopping list
- 1-2 c. onions, celery, and/or garlic shopping list
- 3-4 c. sweet potato (diced), potato, corn, peas, spinach, carrots, or other favorite vegetables shopping list
- 2-3 c. cooked chicken or turkey shopping list
- 3-4 T. GF flour shopping list
- 3 c. chicken or other stock shopping list
- 1 c. milk (hemp, rice, or other milk) shopping list
- 1 T. thyme, rosemary, tarragon, parsley, herb de provence, or other herbs shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 tsp. pepper (or to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions, celery, and garlic in oil until slightly cooked. Add additional veggies that require cooking (potatoes, carrots, etc.) and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add meat and heat through.
- Sprinkle GF flour over the mixture and toss to mix. Add chicken stock slowly and stir to incorporate with flour (if it starts to brown on the bottom of the pan add more stock and stir up the brown bits). Once it's "saucy", add the milk, herbs, salt, and pepper. Frozen peas, corn, spinach and veggies like that can be added at the last minute.
- Pour the cooked veggies into a casserole and top with biscuit mix (see Gluten Free Biscuits). Cook for about 20 minutes or until the biscuits are slightly brown on top.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- mattandmaren Kirkland, WA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmattandmaren Kirkland, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!