Risi Al'alfredoFrom windy1950 11 months ago
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 cup white or brown rice shopping list
- 2 cups water or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup alfredo sauce shopping list
- A pinch of dried oregano or basil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 3 Tbsps olive oil shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black eye peas, well drained shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- olive oil, for dressing shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt the butter in a 2-qt saucepan. When sizzling, add the rice to toast, stirring to prevent scorching. When the rice gives off a nutty fragrance, add the water (or stock) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a tight fitting lid. If using white rice, cook for 14 minutes, if using brown, cook for 45 minutes — or until there appear to be holes in the surface of the rice. Scoot the saucepan off the burner
- 2. Add the Alfredo sauce, oregano, parsley, and garlic powder to the rice, and stir lightly to combine.
- 3. Just before the rice has completed cooking, add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a small skillet and heat until shimmering. Add the well drained black eye peas and lightly caramelize, allowing some of the remaining moisture to evaporate. Add the skillet contents to the rice mixture, and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning and serve.
- 4. Have olive oil and Parmesan cheese available for your guests to dress servings as desired.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Garlic toast and roasted asparagus.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- windy1950 Flint, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!