Quinoa BurgersFrom labradors 1 month ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 Cup Uncooked quinoa shopping list
- beef, chicken or vegetable stock, as needed shopping list
- 1 Green plantain shopping list
- 2 Cups water shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying, as needed shopping list
- 5 Serrano chiles shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare the quinoa according to the package using stock, instead of water.
- 2. Remove from the heat.
- 3. While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the plantain.
- 4. Peel the plantain.
- 5. Cut the plantain, diagonally, into inch-thick slices.
- 6. In a bowl, combine the plantains, water and salt.
- 7. Soak for 15 minutes.
- 8. Drain.
- 9. In a pot, heat enough oil to cover the plantains.
- 10. When the oil is moderately hot, add the plantains.
- 11. Cook the plantains for about 15 minutes, until they are cooked through, but not toasted.
- 12. Remove the plantains to paper towels to drain.
- 13. Allow the quinoa and plantains to cool.
- 14. In a food processor, combine the quinoa, plantains, chiles, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 15. Process until the mixture is a smooth, thick, well-blended paste.
- 16. Form the mixture into patties. Half a cup is a good amount to use, but it's up to you. They should be about as thick as an average hamburger, so they will cook properly without the outsides getting burnt.
- 17. Fry the patties in a frying pad, as you would hamburgers, until heated through and both sides are browned.
- 18. Serve as you would hamburgers. I put them onto garlic dinner rolls with lettuce, tomato, onion and a mixture of ketchup, mayonnaise and Sriracha.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- labradors La Ceiba, HN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔