Greek Celebration CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ⅓ cup toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- pinch cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- ⅛ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ¾ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup (2.4 oz) salted butter shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- ½ tsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 ½ tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sesame seeds, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and sesame oil, beating well.
- Beginning and ending with the flour mixture, alternate mixing in the dry ingredients with the orange juice. Dough should be soft yet workable with your hands.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces and shape into rings (like tiny bagels) and place on the cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg white, milk and honey, then brush mixture over the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on the sheets.