Gluten Free Carrot MuffinsFrom mattandmaren 2 years ago
- 6 tsp Ener-G egg replacer + 8 Tbsp water shopping list
- 1 1/4 c oil (canola or other) shopping list
- 2 c sugar (or sugar replacer- xylitol, agave nectar or other) shopping list
- 3 c grated carrots shopping list
- 3/4 c currants shopping list
- 2 c Bob's Red Mill gluten-Free All Purpose Baking flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp (gluten-free) xanthan gum shopping list
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray muffin molds with coconut oil or other vegan shortening or line with muffin paper- hold aside.
- Beat Ener-G and water with whisk (or electric mixer) until stiff, add oil and sugar or sugar replacer.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, xanthum gum, powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Add the currants and carrots to the oil mixture, then add all the dry ingredients- mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin molds.
- Bake at 350 degrees until browned and done (25 minutes/use toothpick test).
- Cool in the mold on wire rack, then remove.
The Cookmattandmaren Kirkland, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!