Chicken Blt SaladFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Photo by: Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl chicken BLT Salad shopping list
- Crisp chicken in chicken BLT Salad boosts a favorite side salad to a healthy main-course attraction. shopping list
- Cooking Light JANUARY 2013 shopping list
- Yield: Serves 6 shopping list
- Hands-on:38 Minutes shopping list
- Total:50 Minutes shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, divided shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 6 wedges shopping list
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato shopping list
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk and egg white in a shallow dish. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white mixture; dredge in panko. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken. Cook 4 minutes; turn over. Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice crosswise.
- 4. Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mayonnaise, dill, chives, and vinegar. Place garlic on a cutting board; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Chop until a paste forms, scraping with the flat side of knife to mash. Add garlic to dressing.
- 5. Place 1 lettuce wedge on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with chicken, 1/3 cup tomato, and 2 1/2 tablespoons dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- If you like pita bread, try Middle Eastern Bread Salad with Chicken: Prepare Chicken BLT Salad through step 3, seasoning chicken with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper. Combine 4 cups torn whole-wheat pita, 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup torn basil, 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion, and 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives in a large bowl. Combine 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over pita mixture; toss to coat. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups salad on each of 6 plates; divide sliced chicken evenly among servings. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese. Serves 6 Calories 382; Fat 18.4g (sat 3.5g); Sodium 603mg
- If you like escarole, try Escarole, White Bean, and Chicken Salad: Prepare Chicken BLT Salad through step 3, adding 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind to buttermilk mixture and 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary to panko, and seasoning chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Combine 5 cups torn escarole, 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, and 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained Great Northern beans in a large bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Combine 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over escarole mixture; toss. Place about 1 cup salad on each of 6 plates; divide chicken among servings. Serves 6 Calories 296; Fat 14.9g (sat 1.9g); Sodium 313mg
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!