Sweet Potato SoupFrom JoeyJoan 4 months ago
- 3 lb sweet potatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 16 oz chicken broth or vegatable broth shopping list
- 2 c milk shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp allspice, ground shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Bake potatoes until done. Fork tender. when cool enough to handle peel and cut into small cubes.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter. Add onion and garlic cover and cook over low heat til tender not brown.
- Add sweet potatoes to the pan and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the chicken broth and milk and stir in the sour cream.
- Add the spices and stir well ( feel free to adjust the spices to your taste.)
- Over medium low heat bring soup to a simmer stirring occasionally.Let simmer approx 30 min and serve hot.
- You can serve this topped with croutons and chives, Or with sour cream or yogurt and chives.
The CookJoeyJoan Burlington County, New Jersey
- Not added to any groups yet!