Mardi Gras Jambalaya PastaFrom dmajor 10 months ago
- 1 pound bow tie pasta or your favorite pasta shopping list
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup or so of cubed baked ham shopping list
- 1 cup cooked and chopped chicken shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 small tomato, diced shopping list
- 8 ounces shaved parmesan cheese shopping list
- Pint or two cups of heavy cream shopping list
- Tablespoon each of Zatarans creole spice and garlic and herb spice( or creole seasoning to taste) shopping list
- 1 Cup chicken broth shopping list
- Sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and place in large bowl
- In a med saucepan, melt butter over med heat.
- Stir in the veggies and cook until tender, about three minutes.
- Stir in sausage and ham continue to cook over med heat for another three minutes or until lightly browned
- Stir in broth,tomatoes, spices and chicken
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to simmer and cook three or four minutes, while stirring.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir in sliced green onions
- Serve or place in casserole dish and top with a little shredded cheddar cheese and bake in 350 degree oven for ten minutes or until cheese melts
- Serve with garlic toast or French bread slices
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!