Chicken N' DumplinsFrom twill10 12 months ago
- Thx to HillBilly cooking with cast iron recipes on facebook shopping list
- chicken n' dumplins shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoons baking powder... shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, A Bit Less Than A Full Cup (you can use regular milk if needed) shopping list
- 2 quarts chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups cooked chicken shopping list
How to make it
- Recipe Description
- A bowl of chicken and dumplings. A glass of sweet tea. It’s a meal any Kentuckian would be proud to fix and danged happy to sit down to. And it’s not hard to make.
- Preparation Instructions
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Heavily flour a work surface. You’ll need a rolling pin and something to cut the dumplings with. I like to use a pizza cutter. I also like to use a small spatula to lift the dumplings off the cutting surface.
- Roll the dough out thin with a heavily floured rolling pin. Dip your cutter in flour and cut the dumplings in squares about 2″x2″. It’s okay for them not to be exact. Just eye ball it. Some will be bigger, some smaller, some shaped funny.
- Use the floured spatula to put them on a heavily floured plate. Just keep flouring between the layers of dumplings.
- To cook them, bring the broth to a boil. Drop the dumplings in one at a time, stirring while you add them. The extra flour on them will help thicken the broth. Cook them for about 15-20 minutes or until they not doughy tasting. Add the cooked chicken to the pot and you’re done!
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!