Sweet And Spicy Grilled CatfishFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- 2 catfish fillets -- (2 to 3) shopping list
- For marinade or basting sauce: shopping list
- 1/3 cup ketchup shopping list
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons horseradish shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil -- finely chopped (I had to use 1 tsp. dried) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place catfish in a shallow dish. Mix together sauce ingredients and pour over catfish fillets. Cover and allow to marinate for 30-45 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove fillets from dish, discard marinade.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Place fillets on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Once fish flakes easily with fork, remove from heat and serve.
- Wine Chenin Blanc
- a Chef’s Journey dish from http://bbq.about.com/od/fishseafoodrecipes/r/bl50911b.htm