Stir-fried Primavera SauceFrom champagnetime 5 months ago
- 1 lb. shaped pasta, such as penne or bowties shopping list
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped or thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 oz. baby carrots, trimmed and peeled shopping list
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips shopping list
- 1/2 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1-inch lengths shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup frozen baby peas shopping list
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and stir a few times to ensure the pasta does not stick to itself.
- Boil vigorously for the time recommended on the pasta pkg. or until the pasta is tender.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a wok over high heat, add the onion, and cook until softened, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat with oil.
- Add 2 T. of the pasta cooking water, cover, and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the asparagus and toss.
- Add 2 T. more of the pasta cooking water, cover, and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, peas, tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper and stir-fry until the peas are warmed through and the tomatoes soften, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce and the cheese in a serving bowl. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Wne: Chenin Blanc
- a Chef's Journey dish from “While The Pasta Cooks”, Andrew Schloss w/Ken Bookman