Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom jgnat 6 months ago
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 3 ounces light mozzarella cheese, thinly grated shopping list
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced and slices cut in half shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced in to strips shopping list
- 4 slices thinly sliced black forest ham shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional) shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make a slit along the length of each chicken breast and enlarge to make a "pocket".
- Divide the mozzarella cheese among the four pockets.
- Top the cheese with the tomato slices, crushed garlic, and bell peppers.
- Dust with pepper and any other savory spices you enjoy.
- Lay a slice of ham over the open slit, gently wrap around the chicken breast, and tie the bundle together with string. (I tied each breast down with two strings).
- Heat the oil in a large frying plan (ideally with an ovenproof handle) and saute over medium heat for four minutes, turning once. (I have a cast iron pan that handled this without any oil).
- Transfer the skillet to the oven (or if not oven-proof, gently spoon the breasts in to an oven-proof dish for the oven).
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about twelve minutes.
The Cookjgnat Grande Cache, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!