Cajun Andouille PastaFrom otterpond 3 years ago
- 4 cups Spaghetti- Cooked shopping list
- 6 oz boneless skinles chicken breast, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 link Cajun Style Andouille, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, julienned shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, Sweet, julienned shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic Clove, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups tomato & basil shopping list
- 1 cup Baby Portabello mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the spaghetti as directed for 4 portions.
- Toss the sliced chicken breast with the cajun seasoning and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Brown the sausage in a large everyday pan. Remove to drain.
- Add oil in the same skillet as the sausage was cooked and brown the chicken breast. Remove to drain.
- In the same pan, saute the vegetables using the oils remaining in the pan so they soak up that good flavor. Before serving, add the chicken and sausage back to the pan to heat up.
- Heat the pasta sauce.
- To serve, plate the spaghetti first, spoon 1/2 cup of sauce over the pasta, lay on the veggies, top with the chicken and sausage.
- Optional: Sprinkle with some freshly grated parmesan and shreds of fresh basil.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/cajun-andouille-pasta/#ixzz2wS0dN883