Slow Roast LambFrom jeef_boner 3 years ago
- 1 leg of lamb shopping list
- 1glass white wine / cooking sherry shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil (EVOO, Rachel Ray fans) shopping list
- 1 big sprig rosemary, leaves stripped and kept, twig discarded shopping list
- juice of 2 ripe limes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic diced shopping list
- Pinch paprika (smoked sweet if you have it) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Oven bag or lots of tinfoil. The key to this is the seal to keep moisture in! shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except wine and thoroughly coat lamb
- Put lamb in a roasting bag, or arrange enough tinfoil to cover it
- Add wine and leftover wet rub, seal parcel
- Put in preheated 230C oven
- After 30 minutes turn oven down to 140C (130 if fan forced)
- Cook for a further 5-6 hours
- Meantime there's most of a bottle of wine left. You know what to with that!
- At the end of cooking time the juices can make a great gravy. Do that while the lamb rests
- I serve with roasted beet root, carrot and potato, plus baby peas and the gravy.
- any left overs make great fritters!
The Cookjeef_boner Havelock North, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!