Body Bars (lotion)From iamericap 1 year ago
- 1/2 cup coconut oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup Shea butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter shopping list
- 1 cup beeswax (can add an extra ounce or two if you want a thicker consistency, which leaves less lotion on the skin when used) shopping list
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil shopping list
- Optional - about 50 drops of essential oils (more or less depending on how strong you want the scent to be) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients (except vitamin e oil and essential oils if using) in a double boiler, or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1-2 inches of water in it.
- Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth:
- Remove from heat and add the vitamin e oil and essential oils.
- Gently stir by hand until oils are incorporated.
- Carefully pour into silicon baking cups molds or whatever you will be allowing the lotion bars to harden in.
- Allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop out of molds. These could be made in different shaped molds for different holiday gifts (hearts for valentines, flowers for Mother’s day, etc.) or made in a square baking pan and then cut into actual bars.
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!