Caviar SauceFrom champagnetime 9 months ago
How to make it
- Heat the heavy cream. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the heat and briskly whisk in the cold, diced butter, a little at a time.
- When the sauce is smooth, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the caviar gently into the sauce. Use as soon as possible.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a crisp white wine.
- Source and a Chef’s Journey’s notes:
- It is a sub-recipe for Sea Bass with Caviar Sauce from the book, “Caviar : The Definitive Guide,” by Susie Boeckmann and Natalie Rebeiz-Nielsen. The sauce can be used over any subtle flavored fish, meat or poultry…or just a bowl of garlic-mashed potatoes!