Vegan Cabbage RollsFrom cinnamyn77 1 year ago
- 1 large cabbage shopping list
- 2 c raw rice (cook normally) shopping list
- 1 c raw lentils (cook normally) or 1 lb hamburger, browned shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped finely shopping list
- 1/8 lb (or more) mushrooms, chopped finely shopping list
- 2-3 celery sticks, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 1/2 T olive oil (or butter) shopping list
- 2 t dried ginger (can also use 1 T minced fresh ginger) shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 small celery stick shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 T flour shopping list
- 1 28-oz can tomato puree shopping list
- 2 1/2 c cabbage water shopping list
- 1-2 t salt shopping list
- 1 T dried parsley shopping list
- 2 t paprika shopping list
- 1 t dried basil shopping list
- 2 T vinegar shopping list
- 1-2 t honey shopping list
How to make it
- Parboil cabbage, pulling off leaves gently one at a time and placing on a plate.
- Reserve cabbage water for sauce.
- If using lentils, cook until tender, with just enough water to cover.
- Cook rice as usual.
- If using lentils, add to rice.
- If using ground beef, brown and add to rice.
- Saute vegetables in oil or butter, and add to rice.
- Add all other stuffing ingredients and mix well.
- Saute vegetables in oil.
- Add flour to make a paste.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Add cabbage water and spices and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 min.
- Adjust vinegar and honey as desired to balance tartness and sweetness.
- Pour over rolls in pans.
- Take one cabbage leaf at a time, put a generous amount of stuffing on it, and roll into an oblong shape.
- Place rolls close together in baking pans, seam down.
- Pour sauce over rolls.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
The Cookcinnamyn77 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!