Szechuan Stir FryFrom jo_jo_ba 4 months ago
- 4 oz extra firm tofu, drained and pressed shopping list
- 2 tbsp San-J Szechuan Cooking Sauce (or a similar cooking sauce), divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp tamari shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp tapioca starch shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 1/4 large green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 large button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets (blanched if desired) shopping list
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tofu into small cubes and place in a shallow dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp Szechuan sauce, cover and marinate overnight.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining Szechuan sauce, apple juice, tamari, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, water and tapioca starch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until softened, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add pepper, mushrooms, broccoli and tofu, raise heat to medium high and cook 5-6 minutes longer.
- Add rice and sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and rice is hot, about 2 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members