Superpower Granola BarsFrom jo_jo_ba 11 months ago
- 10 chopped dried figs shopping list
- 3 chopped dates shopping list
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats shopping list
- ½ cup coarsely crushed Shreddies cereal shopping list
- ½ cup All-Bran twigs shopping list
- ¼ cup psyllium husks shopping list
- ¼ cup wheat bran shopping list
- ½ cup plain soy protein isolate (you can use whey if not vegan, or your favourite) shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped almonds shopping list
- ¼ cup sesame seeds shopping list
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds shopping list
- 3 tbsp natural, smooth peanut butter shopping list
- ½ cup maple syrup shopping list
- ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed well and cooked (I used red) shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the figs, dates and cranberries in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 1 hour, then drain.
- Heat the oven to 325°F with a rack in the middle of the orven. Line a 9” square pan with parchment or greased foil, leaving extra hanging over the sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, cereals, psyllium, bran, protein powder, almonds and seeds, tossing to combine.
- In a large bowl mix peanut butter, syrup, quinoa, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and drained fruit. Microwave for 1 minute, until runny.
- Mix in the vanilla, then the dry mixture and stir well to evenly moisten and coat everything.
- Press into the pan firmly (I used the bottom of another 9” pan over a square of parchment).
- Bake the bars for 25 minutes (for chewy granola bars) or 30 minutes (for crunchy bars).
- As soon as you remove the bars from the oven, press them again with the parchment and pan.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing and cutting into bars.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Original Recipes143 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
Bake Sale126 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
What Can I Do With It21 members