Bulgolgi TofuFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 3 oz extra firm tofu (I used SanSui Black Soybean Tofu), drained and pressed shopping list
- 1 green onion, minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes shopping list
- ½ tsp fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp tamari shopping list
- 3 packets stevia shopping list
- ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- ¾ tbsp unsweetened applesauce shopping list
How to make it
- Place tofu in the freezer for 30 minutes to make it easier to slice.
- Slice with a sharp serrated knife into thin pieces and arrange in a glass loaf pan.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over the tofu.
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Remove tofu from the pan, placing marinade in a pot.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan (or a George Foreman Grill) and mist with spray oil.
- Grill slices in one layer for 10 minutes per side (or about 15 minutes total with a GF), until well browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile bring the reserved marinade to a simmer and cook until syrupy.
- When tofu is done, add to the pot and cook 1 minute longer, to coat.
- Serve over rice or rice noodles
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members