Multigrain Spelt And Blueberry SourdoughFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 25g 8-grain cereal shopping list
- 175g whole wheat bread flour shopping list
- 100g whole spelt flour shopping list
- 50g mashed blueberries shopping list
- 2 tbsp chia seed shopping list
- 100g water shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 3 packets stevia (or 2 tbsp sugar) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp allspice shopping list
- 170g mature sourdough starter (100% hydration) shopping list
- 90g fresh whole blueberries shopping list
- 60g blanched hazelnuts or almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all the ingredients except whole blueberries and nuts, mixing well. Cover and let sit 30 minutes.
- Knead with the dough hook for 10 minutes at low speed, then let rest 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a floured board and, by hand, gently knead in the berries and nuts.
- Place in a large bowl, cover and let rise for 2 ½ hours.
- Stretch and fold in the bowl (using the technique described in this post: http://www.yummysmells.ca/2013/02/half-whole-wheat-baguettes.html), then cover and let rise 2 hours longer.
- Stretch and fold again, cover and let rest 2 hours.
- Generously flour a tea towel-lined bowl or covered banneton.
- Turn the dough out onto a smooth surface, stretch and fold again and then shape into a round. Place on the towel, then place the towel in a bowl (or place round in the lined banneton) and cover. Place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, remove from the fridge and let rest at room temperature for 6-7 hours, until puffy and bounces back slowly when lightly pressed.
- Heat the oven to 500F, place a pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Flip the loaf onto the sheet, place in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 450F.
- Bake 15 minutes, then carefully remove the pan of water and continue baking another 25 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Family Favourites134 members
Garden Harvest90 members