Egg CurryFrom monik 1 year ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 hard boiled eggs shopping list
- 5 tbsps oil shopping list
- 2 medium sized onion cut into quarters shopping list
- 3 medium sized tomatoes cut into quarters shopping list
- 2 green chillies shopping list
- 2 tsps garlic paste shopping list
- 2 tsps ginger paste shopping list
- 1 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish shopping list
- 2 potatoes cut into 1" cubes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tbsps of the cooking oil in a deep pan and when hot, add the onions. Fry till slightly golden. Turn off the fire. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the pan and put them in a food processor. Grind the onions, tomatoes, green chillies into a smooth paste. Try not to add water while grinding, if possible.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the paste you just made to it when it is hot. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, all the dry spices, mix and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala (onion-tomato-spice mix).
- Now add 2 cups of warm water to this masala and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- If adding potatoes to the curry, add them now and cook till half done.
- Half slit the boiled eggs vertically and add them gently to the gravy. Simmer the flame and cook for 10 minutes or till the gravy is thickened/ reduced to about 3/4 of the original quantity (when you added the water). If you have added potatoes they should ideally be cooked by now.
- Turn off the fire and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice
- Enjoy !!!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!