Apple Pie Dessert ToppingFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 7 medium "pie" apples, peeled and chopped (use a mix of sweet and tart) shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup apple-flavoured herbal tea, cold shopping list
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch* shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
*Using tapioca starch instead of cornstarch means this can be frozen if you aren't canning it, and will remain stable in the jar longer.
How to make it
- Combine apples and sugar in a large saucepan, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Place over medium-high heat and stir frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Boil hard 1 minute, continuing to stir frequently.
- Whisk together tea, tapioca, cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice and stir into apples.
- Reduce heat to a brisk simmer and cook for 1 minute more, stirring.
- Pack mixture into sterilized jar, seal and process in a waterbath for 20 minutes (pints) or 35 minutes (quarts)
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members