Sponge CakeFrom ashleyburgamy 1 year ago
How to make it
- Beat egg whites in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed until foamy-white and double in volume. Beat in 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until meringue stands in soft peaks.
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed until thick and lemon colored. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until mixture is very thick and fluffy. Beat in lemon rind and juice.
- Fold flour, 1/3 at a time, into egg yolk mixture with a wire whip or rubber scraper, until completely blended.
- Fold flour-egg yolk mixture into meringue until no streaks of white or yellow remain. Pour into ungreased 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in slow oven (325 degrees) 1 hour, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
- Invert pan, placing tube over a quart sized soft drink bottle; let cake cool completely. Loosen around edge and tube with spatula. Invert onto serving plate; lift off pan.
- Sift powdered sugar on top if you wish! :)
The Cookashleyburgamy Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!