Blueberry PieFrom ashleyburgamy 2 years ago
- 2 pints blueberries(4 cups) shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 egg, well beaten with shopping list
- 1 pinch salt, for egg washing top of pie shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for top of pie shopping list
- 2 individual pie crusts shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 cup berries with 3/4 cup sugar in pan.
- Simmer on low heat until sugar is melted and mixture is very liquid; about 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water in bowl.
- Add to pan with blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to full boil and is clear and thick.
- Pour hot mixture into large bowl.Cool until warm.
- Fold in remaining 3 cups of blueberries, lemon rind, cinnamon,nutmeg and butter.
- Let cool before adding to pie crust.
- Add top crust and brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400°F but reduce heat to 375°F when you put pie in oven.
- Bake about 40 minutes. Check pie halfway through baking; cover edges with a strip of foil if edges are getting too brown.
- This technique works for any delicate fruit such as raspberries or strawberries.
The Cookashleyburgamy Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!