Vegan Chocolate - Orange TorteFrom jo_jo_ba 2 months ago
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- ¼ cup oat flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp baking powder shopping list
- ⅓ cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate shopping list
- ⅓ cup flavourful extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 2 large oranges, preferably organic shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- ½ tbsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ tsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground almonds shopping list
Glaze / Topping:
- Zest of 1 orange shopping list
- ¼ cup orange juice concentrate shopping list
- 3 ½ oz stevia-sweetened bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 packet vanilla flavoured stevia shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat to 350°F and line a 9” springform pan with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and ground almonds
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, oil, zest, vinegar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter. Bake for 43 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack.
- Sprinkle cake with 1 tbsp ground almonds and cool completely.
- When cool, sprinkle serving plate with remaining almonds and invert cake onto it. Set aside while preparing glaze.
Glaze / Topping:
- Combine orange zest, orange juice concentrate and chocolate in a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- Stir in oil, flavoured stevia and salt.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit 15-20 minutes to thicken before use.
- Pour glaze over the cake and sprinkle generously with flaked almonds
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year181 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members