Scented Air - Dry ClayFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 2 ¾ cups white glue shopping list
- 2 ¾ cups cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp glycerin (look at the pharmacy or in a health food store) shopping list
- 2 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp dried spices (use pungent and/or colourful ones like cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin or smoked paprika) shopping list
How to make it
- n a mixing bowl or non-stick pot, combine glue, cornstarch, vinegar, glycerin and oil.
- Blend thoroughly with a spatula.
- Heat, either in a microwave oven or on the stovetop.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on HI (in an 800W oven), stopping every 30 seconds to mix vigorously.
- During the last 30 seconds, stop every 10 seconds to check the consistency of the mixture.
- As soon as the dough becomes thick and lumpy, remove from the oven.
- Cook in a saucepan over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as the dough becomes thick and lumpy and starts to pull away from the side of the pan, remove from heat.
- Scrape the dough onto a greased surface and add the desired spice (or separate into batches and add different spices to each).
- With very well greased hands (I also used a bench scraper at the beginning), knead the dough until cool, smooth and supple.
- Wrap dough in plastic, then foil and store at room temperature at least 24 hours before using it.